Visa on Arrival Nigeria is a conditional authorization granted by the Nigerian Immigration at the point of entry into the Country. This is distinct from not requiring a visa at all, as the visitor must still obtain the visa approval before they can try to pass through immigration. This visa can only be obtained at point of entry on presentation of Visa on Arrival Approval letter. I recently applied and obtained a Visa on Arrival Approval letter on behalf of a traveler who couldn’t be bothered to go through the rigorous documentation process required by the embassy and decided to put this information out there for someone who might need it.
VISA ON ARRIVAL NIGERIA
Can you get a Nigerian visa on arrival?
Nigerian Visa on Arrival is a class of short visit visa issued at the port of entry. The facility is available to frequently traveled high net worth Investors and Intending Visitors who may not be able to obtain visa at the Nigerian Missions/Embassies in their countries of residence due to the absence of a Nigerian mission in those countries or exigencies of urgent business travels.
Nigeria Visa on Arrival Countries
Visa on Arrival is available to citizens of all countries except ECOWAS Nationals who do not require visa to visit Nigeria and other countries which Nigeria has entered into visa abolition agreements with.
Application Process for Visa on Arrival
Nigeria Immigration Service has rolled out a new Visa on Arrival Application Process for all Business Travelers and African Union Countries except ECOWAS member Countries.
What are the requirements for visa on arrival?
Travelers can go through the following Application process to get a Visa on Arrival Nigeria.
- Fill the Application form gotten from the Nigerian Immigration Service online portal;
- Complete application and make payments;
- The original copies of the following document should be uploaded:
- Passport Photo
- Introduction/Application Letter
- Name of Applicant indicating Nationality
- Passport number of Applicant
- Purpose of visit
- Proposed date of visit
- Proposed port of entry
- Flight itinerary
- Address in Nigeria or Hotel Reservation
- Copy of Valid Passport Data Page
- Copy of Airline Return Ticket
- Invitation Letter from Host Company accepting immigration responsibility
- Invitation Letter from Host Company to traveler
- Corporate Affairs Commission Certificate from Host Company or in case of NGO’s a letter of Permission.
- Payment receipt will be issued upon successful submission of the Application, with another one set to your email
- The application would be processed, after which, an Approval confirmation and Approval letter would be sent to your email within 48hrs (2 working days).
Visa on Arrival African Nationals
It would seem that the Nigerian Immigration Service Exempts African Nationals from the Requirement of being a Business Traveler before a Visa on Arrival can be issued. African Nationals are exempted from uploading
- Invitation Letter from Host Company
- Corporate Affairs Commission Certificate from Host Company, or in case of NGO’s a letter of Permission.
Visa on Arrival Fees
Visa application fees differ depending on the Country the applicant is from. A cash payment for visa applications is prohibited by order of Nigeria Immigration Service. Travelers are expected to pay online and present proof of payment in the form of a printed payment receipt and acknowledgement slip. Payment can also be made via a Master Card or Visa Card at the point of arrival.
How long does it take to get a Nigerian Visa?
Visa on Arrival Nigeria takes about 48hrs (2 working days) to be processed, after which, an Approval confirmation and Approval letter would be sent to the email provided. This Approval is Called the Visa on Arrival Approval Letter. Foreigners should not leave their country for Nigeria without it.
Do I need a visa to visit Nigeria?
It is IMPORTANT to note that Successful online payment is not an approval as Applicant should not proceed to Nigeria until receipt of ‘Visa on Arrival Approval Letter’ which is to be presented at the desk marked ‘Visa on Arrival’ for biometric enrolment and issuance of entry Visa. The following documents are to be presented at the Port of Entry:
- Visa Approval Letter, valid for 14 days from the date of issuance;
- Evidence of online payment;
- Valid Passport with minimum of six months validity; and
- Valid return ticket
- Evidence of Accommodation in Nigeria
Nigeria visa on arrival approval letter
How do I get a visa for Nigeria?
Visa fro Nigeria can be gotten online or at a Nigerian Consulate or Embassy abroad